After creating a WordPress blog, next important thing you have to do is, configure your WordPress blog. Don’t try to post article on your blog, up to customizing your blog properly. In this post I’m going to show you how to configure your WordPress blog properly. After installing a WordPress, all default settings will apply to your WordPress blog. You need to change some settings to make your blog ready.
How to Configure Your WordPress Blog – Beginner’s Guide
You can do basic customization of your WordPress blog without having knowledge on coding. There are lot of things you need to do after installing a WordPress, like changing blog title, permalink, comment settings, etc. You can do all these settings from your WordPress dashboard.
Change Blog title and description :
- Go to WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Settings
- Click on General in Settings menu
- Now enter title in Site Title text box and description in Tagline box
Change Permalink structure :
- Click on settings
- Click on Permalinks in Settings menu
- Now you can see different URL structures, select Post name and click on Save Changes
Change comments settings :
- Click on Discussion in Settings menu
- Now you can see comments settings, change settings as you like and Save Changes
Default Post Category :
- Click on Writing in Settings menu
- Choose default category from Default Post Category drop down box
- Click on Save Changes to apply changes
Delete welcome post and pages:
- Click on Posts
- Select post
- Click on Bulk Actions drop down menu and choose Move to Trash and click on Apply
Like this also delete welcome page if already created.
These are the basic steps every one must do before publishing posts.