WordPress is one of the best blogging platform. Because of their features such as widgets, plugins and themes, many of them today using WordPress. You can also create free WordPress blog, but you can’t get more features with free blogs. So it’s better to create a self hosted blog. You can create a self hosted WordPress blog in 5 minutes. It’s not a difficult thing. You just need to invest little bit of money on hosting and domain name.
What you need to create a self hosted website/blog ?
To create a self hosted WordPress blog, you need –
Domain name and hosting are must need for any one to create a website/blog. You need to invest some amount of money on domain name and hosting to buy. You can buy domain name and hosting from many sources. BlueHost is the best place to buy hosting. You can also get free domain name with hosting package.
How to create a WordPress blog : Beginner’s guide
The process of creating a WordPress blog is simple. Two different procedures are there to create a self hosted blog or website. First procedure is creating a WordPress blog by purchasing domain name and hosting from same company. Second procedure is creating a WordPress blog by purchasing domain name and hosting from different companies. I.e registering domain name on GoDaddy and buying hosting from BlueHost.
Simple procedure to create a WordPress blog is buying domain name and web hosting from same company. I strongly recommend BlueHost to start a WordPress blog.
Creating a WordPress blog/website from BlueHost :
BlueHost is the oldest and most popular hosting provider. BlueHost shared hosting package is starting from $3.49/m.
Step 1 : Buy hosting from BlueHost
- Go to BlueHost.com
- Choose plus package and click on select button on plus package
- Enter domain name in the new domain box and click on next to buy hosting package
- Now a new widow will open, enter account, package and billing information
- Choose extra features in package only if you want otherwise uncheck extra features.
- Click on submit and finish buying hosting procedure
That’s it. After completion of buying hosting package, you will hosting details to your email.
Step 2 : Install WordPress
- Login to your cPanel with cPanel user name and password
- Go to Website Builders section and click on WordPress
- Now WordPress installation window will open, next click on Start button
- Choose domain name (choose without www, not compulsory)
- Click on Check Domain
- Check “OOPS! Looks like something already exists there! I understand that continuing will overwrite the files.”
- Check “Show advanced options”
- Enter site name, admin username, password and email address
- Check “I have read the terms and conditions of the GPLv2”.
- Click on Install Now button to finish WordPress installation.
That’s it. Your WordPress blog is ready.
Now login to your WordPress admin area and start posting content. This is the basic process of creating a self hosted WordPress blog.
Procedure 2 – Creating WordPress blog with domain name out side hosting account :
Suppose if your domain name is out side of your hosting account, then you need to host your domain name on your hosting account.
Point your domain name to your hosting account :
- Login to your domain registered account
- Add BlueHost nameservers to your domain
- Now login to your BlueHost cPanel
- Add your domain name to your hosting using addon domain feature
- Finally Install WordPress